DIY Chalkboard in Bathroom

 I had this picture frame hanging in my Main Bathroom.  Jake made it for me years ago using some extra shelves from a cheap bookcase. I liked the way my lighthouse pictures looked in it.  However, the glass in the frame broke, so the picture were getting water marks on them.
 
 So I took some cardboard, and painted it with chalkboard paint.
 Did you know you can buy chalkboard paint in small quantities?  It's perfect for smaller projects.  This was just a dollar or two, found at Walmart.
 I followed the instructions on the bottle. Then duct taped my new cardboard chalkboard to the back of the frame.  Yes, Duct tape and Cardboard, because that's how I roll!
 It's going to help me chart Jaxon's potty training.  He's excited about it.  Which is a good start.  Wish me Luck!
  A metal Ikea bucket hanging from the towel bar holds the chalk.
 And because I think I finally found the right camera setting to take pictures in my poorly lit bathroom,  I decided to take a few more pictures around the room.








Want to see more of the Barn wood mirror frame? Click Here.http://thewickerhouse.blogspot.com/2010/09/barn-wood-mirror-makeover.html

2 comments

  1. Very cute, and I'm going to have to check to see if our Wal Mart has any. The cheapest can I could find at Home Depot was around $20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute, Emily! I've never seen chalkboard paint in small bottles. I'll have to look.

    ReplyDelete