Here it is!
This is my Driftwood project I told you about in my last post.
And I brought back a ton of driftwood from the beach.
(Read more Here).
When I saw this big piece, I knew I wanted to make a
sailboat with it.
The first thing I had to do was saw the stick to get a flat edge.
Then using my largest bit I drilled a hole for the stick to go in.
I glued in in place using Gorilla Glue. Which I just had to share, Look at this thing. The top has glued itself closed so every time I need to use it I have to hammer a nail into it and then squeeze it as hard as I can. As you can see I use my Gorilla glue quite often.
Then I leaned it up against some furniture projects that
I'm working on have been sitting on my back porch all year. And I waited for it to dry.
I then sewed me a sail for it using a muslin fabric. I failed to take pictures of this whole step. But basically I started with two rectangles, one larger than the other. I then folded the fabric to create this half triangle shape, then continued to wrap the fabric all the way around. Then I sewed it into place. I love the character it added as well as a little bit of frayed edges.
From there I just hot glued it onto the driftwood.
To show you how big it is, here is my little 3 year old, Jaxon standing next to it.
I dragged my sailboat all around the yard taking pictures of it.
But where it ended up is on my mantel, which I have changed up a bit. I'll be sharing that next.
Come back again Soon,