Painted Bedroom Dressers



Yes, I have finally gotten around to painting the pair of dressers in my master bedroom.
I know, I know, I have talked about painting then for years now.
And now they are freshly painted in a bright white.
Love them!
Why did it take me so long?  I have no idea.

My mother in law gave us the dressers years ago.  She had gotten them back in the 70's -
As you can clearly tell from these before pictures:



For a while there, our master was looking more like a furniture factory, as this is where I choose to paint the pieces.



The hardware before was a brown brassy color.
I choose to paint the knobs in a pretty blue by Valspar.  I painted the handles in a metallic silver by Rust-oleum (if you look closely in the picture on the right, I used toothpicks to hold the handles up as to reach all angles). 


Truthfully I didn't like the look of it at first and was going to re-spray the handles all white. 
But the longer I looked at them, the more they grew on me.


It's nice to finally have them painted.


They look great in the room.... Which I will be sharing the reveal next.

Stay tuned!
And thanks for stopping by,

Emily







5 comments

  1. wow!!!! was für eine verwandlung!!!!! alles liebe von angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Great job! What paint did you use for the furniture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great way to update them. They look lovely and fresh now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! Love it, don't change a thing :)

    ReplyDelete