Decorating with bottles

One of my favorite things to collect are glass bottles.
As you may have notice, I tend to decorate with them quite a bit.
I think my collection of bottles lend a relaxed, no-fuss beachy vibe to my decorating.
Here I have placed my collection of bottles along my mantle.


Each bottle has a different story to tell; whether I picked it up at an antique store, found it washed up on the beach, or was given to me by someone wanting to add to my collection.
 I love them all!
My newest addition is the beautiful turquoise one.  It was a gift from some of my loved ones.
Along with my glass bottles, I have also displayed a few glass vases and tall white candles.
And then to add a little bit of texture, I wrapped rope around the neck of one of the bottles.

I just love the variety of sea-glass colors.  
Which some of them have actually come from the sea.


I think the bottles tie in perfectly with the rest of the room.

What type of things do you enjoy collecting?

Thank you for stopping by,

Emily

3 comments

  1. I love the simplicity and beauty of this! I LOVE bottles but can never seem to know what to do with them. It doesn't help that we live in a rental so I don't really have the house the way I want it. I have been following you for a couple of years so I can go back and look at everything when we move into our forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave me an idea...I just bought an old dirty at the bottom bottle with a neat glass stopper that I can't get out...so I'm going to wrap the bottom in twine. The glass stopper is the cool feature anyway. Thanks for the nudge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blues of the bottles, and the clearness. I also ADORE your home!

    ReplyDelete